I want to take this moment to thank you. Over the past few months, you and so many others have been instrumental in helping the staff at Hall Neighborhood House respond effectively, creatively, and intentionally to the new reality this pandemic presents. Our team has come together in amazing ways—and I want to take a moment to celebrate that with you.
Over the last few months we have:
- Delivered over 2,000 grocery bags and over 500 hot meals to seniors around our neighborhood who depend on that food to get through.
- Provided a digital art class for over 90 students in Bridgeport, resulting in a beautiful outside art gallery featuring over 120 pieces of art.
- Hosted Bingo outside for our seniors three days per week to provide community and connection.
- Provided childcare, school care for elementary students, and summer camp, supporting our parents as they navigated a new work environment.
At our building, we have taken key precautions like hiring a professional cleaning service, instituting temperature screenings for everyone in the building, hosting COVID-19 testing for the community, reducing the size of our childcare classrooms to limit health risks, limiting access to the building, and requiring masks for all adults.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed our “how” in countless ways—but it has never changed our “what.”
Our goals remain; we have just had to be more creative about how we pursue them.
As we look toward the fall, we are introducing exciting initiatives to serve our neighbors and staff. We are:
- Offering all-day childcare and school care support for the school-age children of our staff members—enabling staff to keep working and their children to learn in a safe, supportive environment.
- Making telehealth therapy available to seniors—helping them combat and process anxiety, isolation, and mental health struggles.
- Opening our new community health center—making health screenings, immunizations, check-ups, and treatment available to families right here at Hall Neighborhood House.
- Continuing to provide childcare, preschool, school-age, and after school programming for students in the community—giving parents the freedom to navigate their work day without worrying about their children’s school progress or where they will spend the afternoon.
Your care and support make critical services like these possible, equip us to continue being an innovative leader in our community, and meet the needs of the families we serve.
Thank you for being a part of the Hall Neighborhood House community.