Hall Neighborhood House exists to provide comprehensive services that educate, enrich, and empower residents of all ages on the East Side of Bridgeport and the surrounding community.
The student intern will be tasked with providing administrative support for Hall’s communications and fundraising work. The intern may be asked to assist with the following tasks:
- Generating ongoing social media content for our marketing team including blogs, interviews and campaign specific content
- Supporting Hall’s plan for promoting Giving Tuesday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and other event-based marketing opportunities through content creation, campaign ideas and active participation in marketing planning
- Creating marketing materials for donor engagement + stewardship
- Filming or editing videos and photos.
- Providing administrative support for fundraising campaigns including:
- Mailing thank you letters
- Logging donations in the database
- Event planning support
- Supporting the team in creating donor communication to activate fundraising and acknowledge support.
- Identifying, researching and compiling leads for potential funding sources, including researching foundation databases, community leaders, local franchises, and corporate sponsors.
- Supporting the grant writing team in writing grants by collecting reports from Program Directors and staff
- Further tasks will be defined by the student and supervisor(s).
HOURS AND TERMS
This is a paid, full-time internship that goes from August 30 – December 17 that has potential to turn into a full-time hire at the beginning of 2022, based on performance and evaluation against specific project completion.
The student internship is based out of Hall’s office at 52 George E Pipkins Way, Bridgeport CT. However, some tasks may require traveling off-site to other locations and some work may be completed remotely.
Experience and Knowledge
- Understanding and supporting the mission of Hall Neighborhood House.
- A commitment to social justice and community development.
- Experience with creating and maintaining spreadsheets, developing communications materials, managing simple projects with minimal supervision, and providing outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, social media platforms, and graphic design computer applications.
- Experience with video editing software is a plus.
- Background in marketing or communication is a plus.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to Amy Dominguez, Development Advisor, at email@example.com by September 4th. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls, please. The cover letter should introduce the potential candidate, describe their relevant qualifications and experience.
Hall Neighborhood House is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment policies and procedures ensuring all qualified persons are accorded equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training.