Summer Camp Counselor positions are an excellent way to build leadership skills, gain valuable work experience and references, as well as contribute to the growth of younger children. Summer Camp Counselors are involved in facilitating a successful, memorable and fun camp/learning experience for our campers each day. As a Summer Camp Counselor, you will get the opportunity to work daily with (and learn from) an amazing group of Lead Counselors, Assistants Counselors, and Specialists while supporting our campers. Summer Camp Counselors are critical role models for campers, setting the tone for activities, engagement, behavior and learning.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be available to work Mondays – Fridays, 8:00am – 4:00pm(flexible)
- Must be available for full weeks of camp from Monday, June 28th- Friday, August 20th (number and of weeks negotiable)
- Previous work with summer camps, after school or with children preferred
- Outgoing, energetic and patient personality.
- Good communication skills.
- Interest in personal growth and leadership training.
- Ability to serve as a role model.
- Dependability and ability to perform tasks independently.
JOB DUTIES AND LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist with the safety and well-being of the children.
- Follow state mandates and regulations and state licensing for summer camp.
- Attend weekly team meetings with the staff after camp hours to share updates/touch base
- To assist in the creation and development of activities to engage the campers.
- To be punctual and enthusiastic in carrying out the camp routines.
- To be proactive and interact with the campers during all their activities.
- To assist in setting up before camp begins and cleaning up after campers have gone home.
- Working as a team to support other summer camp counselors.
- Working together to ensure that students are on schedule for the various activities/programming.
- Working as a team to ensure that we are ready and prepared for all field trips and off site activities.
- Assist with organizing and facilitating various camp activities and programs throughout the summer.